Board of Directors
Yvonne Gonzalez Duncan
Yvonne was born in Chicago, IL , her mother was from Aguascalientes, MX and her father was from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. She moved to Southern California in 1979.
Yvonne returned to school after a 15 year absence and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science in 1981 and started a Master’s Degree in Management. She worked for over 20 years as a Manager in Head Start, Health Care and most recently as a Program Manager at Long Beach City College in the Economic and Resource Development-Workforce Development Department. In this position she managed programs addressing the training needs in Early Childhood Education. She has been a consultant and a federal program reviewer for a variety of programs. She continues to write grants and most recently was awarded a grant for Anaheim High School’s Independent Learning Center to address the Hispanic dropout rate. This grant exposes students to careers, visits to colleges and cultural awareness.
Yvonne has enjoyed an early retirement and has volunteered at several non-profits. She is currently:
- President, League of United Latin American Citizens(LULAC) in Anaheim.
- Vice President Internal Affairs, Heritage Museum of Orange County
- Vice President Mexican American Heritage Cultural Center of Orange County
- Member of the Orange County Child Care and Development Planning Council
- Child Care Connections Advisory Board member
- Pretend City Children’s Museum, Education Advisory Board member
- Consultant and Past Board member for Orange County Children’s Therapeutic ARTS Center(OCCTAC)
Yvonne has 2 adult children, Julie and Greg and one 11 year old grandson Gavin.
Principal, Thomas Jefferson Elementary School / Santa Ana Unified School District
Anita Ford comes to us with 28 years of service in Education. She has authored and been awarded significant grants for Technology, Arts, and Language Arts for elementary schools in Santa Ana Unified School District. She was a 1999-2000 recipient of the prestigious UCI Regents Award. Her background in Curriculum & Instruction, Staff Development and as an expert Evaluator of Teaching & Learning with Santa Ana Unified School District provides Heritage Museum of Orange County optimum support for our educational programs.
Her professional affiliations include:
- Association of California School Administrators (ACSA),
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD),
- California Associate of Bilingual Education (CABE),
- California Mathematics Council (CMC),
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM),
- President/Board Member for Santa Ana School Administrators Association (SASAA),
- Board Member for Santa Ana Recreation and Parks,
- Board Member for Bella Vista Neighborhood Association.
Corporate Counsel, Ricoh Corporation (Ret)
Les Hall has been a corporate attorney for 30 years, serving as general counsel for Ricoh Electronics, and previously as a corporate counsel for the Automobile Club of Southern California. A supporter of the arts and the environment, he is currently in the process of opening an art and import gallery. He received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University and J.D. from USC Law Center. As a California native living in Orange County for over 20 years, he has seen too much of our open space lost to development. He is committed to helping preserve a part of Orange County’s rich agricultural and cultural history, and protecting and restoring native plants and habitat for future generations.
Debra L. Holmes
Cangelosi & Holmes, Inc. ▪ Certified Public Accountants
Debra L. Holmes, CPA is the managing partner of Cangelosi & Holmes, Inc., Certified Public Accountants in Tustin, CA. The firm provides a full range of tax preparation and planning, accounting, business systems advisory and not-for-profit audit, review and consulting services. Debra (Debbie) has over 30 years’ experience and specializes in not-for-profit entities including religious organizations, schools, rescue missions and social organizations. Other areas of expertise include establishing and maintaining internal controls and resolving financial system problems.
Debbie is a graduate of California State University, Fullerton and received her CPA certificate from the State of California in 1980.